Saturday, January 05, 2008

mathematics

... apart from being the year of the frog (as I mentioned earlier), 2008 continues the series of science years in Germany as the Mathematics Year. Events and PR fun will be spread throughout the year, presumably, following the recipe successfully applied to the recent years of physics (2005), humanities (2007), and chemistry (errr, I should remember that one, I think it was 03 or 04).


... and then there is an anniversary to celebrate ... I have no idea how I came to be included in this mailing list, but here is what I received:

January 5, 2008 marks the
60th anniversary of the publication of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male.

To learn more about this groundbreaking book, the history of Dr. Kinsey's work,
and the evolution of the Kinsey Institute,
visit our website at: http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/about/history.html

You can hear Dr. Kinsey's brief comments on his research through a video clip,
or read some of the selected findings from the first 'Kinsey Report.'


... well, it may have to do with my two-day stint as a sexpert, around valentine's day 2006 :) As Kinsey also used statistical methods, I guess that counts as mathematics too.

No comments: