Wednesday, May 24, 2023

it's WNBR season

The UK's World Naked Bike Ride season kicks off this Saturday with the Portsmouth Ride, so I'll compile some relevant info here. I typically get the tip-offs from this page but don't find its alphabetical order very helpful, so I am sorting everything in chronological order, as long as it can be reached from Oxford in a day trip using public transport. As time passes and rides happen, I'll update the list with links to photos, press reports, and whatever I find about them. Updated 3.7.2023

27.5. Portsmouth - haven't seen any pictures yet?
4.6. Oxford - a small ride but perfect weather. My photos are now in this flickr album (most are rated as "moderate" which may mean you have to log in to see them).
10.6. London - it was amazing as always. Perfect weather and I suspect a record number of participants. My gut feeling says it may have been 2000 (1000 would be a normal attendance for the London ride). My flickr album is now complete with 72 photos covering the ride from Regent's Park to Wellington Arch. I also found a photo of me on the ride. These require you to be logged in (although twitter amazingly showed a preview of the latter photo when I shared a link).
11.6. Brighton -
17.6. Cambridge, Bruxelles - some Cambridge pics here; some pics from Brussels here (mostly blokes) here (mostly one woman) The relevant relevant flickr group (all years) is here.
18.6. Bristol - I couldn't attend this time, but here's a press report and here is a huge flickr album by Mark Gilbert
2.7. Hastings
8.7. Cardiff - album by flickr user Dariusz, only started 22.8., am hopeful there will be more!
23.7. Portsmouth (again, after 27.5. looks like they're really planning two rides this summer)
5.8. Romford (East London) - rescheduled to 9.9.
2.9. Coventry (cancelled)

Outside my range, there will be several other rides in Essex and the north of England, check the WNBR Wiki for dates.

own photo, taken at the London WNBR 2019.

Sadly I didn't make it to any of last year's rides, so my list of rides I participated in has a significant gap:

2015 Bristol
2016 Bristol, London
2017 Bristol, Brighton
2018 London
2019 London
2023 Oxford, London

No comments: