Monday, June 15, 2009

copenhagen

I learned some very interesting things at Copenhagen last week, regarding how public debates can be distorted by "framing". As I am hoping to place a story or two about this, I won't reveal more for the time being, but watch this space.

My own contribution was a look back on the changes in science reporting I experienced in Germany and in the UK over the last 16 years or so. A version of these thoughts was published here.

With the short stay and appalling weather conditions in the middle of a low pressure system that seemed to be sweeping up all the humidity over the North Sea and Baltic and tipping it down on Copenhagen, I haven't seen much of the sights, and had to make do with a replica of the mermaid sitting at the airport:



Fortunately, there was enough time to explore the beer, which was very good:

No comments: