Saturday, May 09, 2009

artweeks

Oxford city's art week has started today (the north of the county a week earlier, the south a week later). As in the last few years, I am disappointed that artists seem to have evaporated from our neighbourhood. Around 2000, there were three exhibitions in our road, and a few more in the surrounding area, now there is nothing. If that state of affair continues, I will have to show my own works, and you'll all be sorry ...

Meanwhile, we have to cycle down to the city centre, Jericho, and Summertown areas, where there are so many exhibitions in a small space that you can easily spend a day crawling from one site to the next. To start it off slowly, I've just visited one site (a small gallery that I hadn't seen before) in Jericho. Will check more as the week progresses.

No comments: