Thursday, January 28, 2010

giant molecules

I have a long essay review out in the current issue of Chemistry & Industry, of the book:

Giant molecules: from nylon to nanotubes
Walter Gratzer
OUP 2009


Online access is for subscribers only I'm afraid, but here's a snippet:

"... the book gives an interesting account of the colourful history and present promise of polymers of all shapes and sizes. I believe there should be more books like this, giving the famous intelligent lay reader access to important concepts that have been neglected because they cut across the established structures of scientific disciplines."


You'll also find the full text in my review collection "The noughties brought to book" which is already available from Lulu.com:

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

even though I'll only start promoting it when I've received and checked my own copies.

No comments: