Monday, July 06, 2009

round-up of German pieces

It's very rare that I get artwork from my own production published along with my text, so I'm thrilled to see that my recent feature on farm animal genomics is illustrated with the photo of our local horse population, snapped maybe 100 metres from my doorstep. Note that the origin of different colours in horses is part of the subject matter of the piece, and the horses belonging to the local riding school display a nice range of colours.



I'm also pleased to have acquired a new outlet for my writing in German, in the shape of the medical magazine Trillium Report. My contribution is an essay on the possibility of higher cognitive function emerging in computer networks.

So there are 3 pieces in German this month:

Tycho Brahes Elemente, Nachrichten aus der Chemie p. 741
more about this

Genomik auf dem Bauernhof, Nachrichten aus der Chemie p. 779

Der Geist des Netzwerks Trillium Report 7, Nr 2, 57

No comments: