Saturday, March 02, 2019

echo of my heart

All our instruments series, episode 8

Here comes an instrument I am really quite fond of, my Hohner Echo harp in G and C (you just flip it around to change the key). Not sure when or how I got it but I must have had it for at least 40 years. Recently I checked the web and found that Hohner are still selling the same model, and even the cardboard box looks the same.



I now carry this in my bag as an emergency musical instrument (you never know, there might be rodents to catch or people to scare away), so I had it with me when on my recent travel I climbed on top of one of the many Bismarck towers in Germany, and recorded my video right there (but the internet connection in the sticks was rubbish, so I couldn't upload it and had to skip a week in this series). I am, again, making a mess of Fisterra, need to practice this for our sessions, which no longer have a regular melodeon playern, and the tune wants some metal reeds. Anyhow, here goes:


No comments: