Monday, March 15, 2010

cute platypus seduces readers

If proof were needed that cute animals on the cover help to sell books, my German title "Der Kuss des Schnabeltiers" (see this blog entry from last September's release) has achieved a respectable sales result (by my very modest standards) in its first year, doing much better than the English version, which doesn't look quite as attractive. Among my German titles, only "Exzentriker des Lebens" (Life on the Edge) had a better start.

I've updated my personal sales ranking here -- guaranteed to be the only bestsellers list my books will ever feature in!

At amazon.de, the current sales ranking is 46,150, which -- again, by my modest standards -- isn't bad. Plus, there is a very enthusiastic review by a kind reader whom I don't even know.

No comments: