Saturday, June 22, 2019

nine years on flickr

Time flies by while facebook is eating the world and I am quietly enjoying myself in some of the last non-facebook niches like flickr (recently spun out from the yahoo empire and still a bit wobbly on its new legs). So yesterday, June 21st, marked my 9th flickrversary.

Anniversaries are always an excuse to geek out with some stats (as I did after 4 years). I have

3140 photos on flickr now which divided by 3287 days gives you just under one photo per day - a growth rate I have been following from the first year. They have gained me

450 followers by yesterday - so it took

7 posts to gain a new follower - that number has been a bit higher on social platforms like twitter and tumblr.

The photos have had

4.68 million views by yesterday, or

1490 views per photo, but that's mostly on account of my WNBR pics - a minority among my photos that is pulling in the crowds. Each one of them is certain to reach over 3,000 views within a couple of weeks, most are now in 5 figures, and one is in 6 figures. Good advertising for environmental protest and other good causes.

The last page of my viewing charts, with between 111 and 152 views is populated by "stuff on walls" (there's actually a flickr group by that name) such as architectural detail and street art. So I'll post the least viewed pic here:



Find it on flickr here. (I did add it to a few groups and albums, not sure why these aren't showing right now, one of those flickr hickups.)




No comments: