Saturday, March 14, 2020

alla turca

After the festival, I've had a quick and dirty go at Mozart's famous Turkish March, which is the third movement of the piano sonata number 11, in A (K331). I was inspired to try this by the Ayoub sisters who arranged it as a lovely string duo (see their video here - watch out for the Scottish reel they threw in just for the heck of it). As luck would have it, flutetunes.com has a score for solo flute ready and waiting for me. I also nicked some ideas from this performance by Ion Bogdan Stefanescu, flute with piano accompaniment.

As it's a piano piece originally, it's only fair to include our old piano in the picture, which has now been in the family for more than a century:



I might also try and learn the right hand of the original piece, although coordinating that with the left hand would probably be beyond my non-existing skills.

After this little divertimento, I am now ready to tackle another serious baroque suite from that grey book ...

No comments: