Monday, January 29, 2024

imagining extraterrestrial life

For somebody writing about astrobiology, I haven't read much science fiction, even though there are obvious parallels and connections. Thus the book

The possibility of life

by Jaime Green

came in handy to fill me in on some of the relevant books that I should have read. As in astrobiology, the author ponders the deep questions of how to find, recognise and deal with extraterrestrial life, but mostly from the perspective of the imaginary encounters of the sci-fi world.

More about it in my long essay review now out:

Imaginary aliens

Chemistry & Industry Volume 88, Issue 1, January 2024, Page 34

access via:

Wiley Online Library (paywalled PDF of the whole review section)

SCI (premium content, ie members only)

As always, I'm happy to send a PDF on request.

Blackwells

No comments: