Saturday, May 04, 2019

robotic chemistry

Back in February I made a little business trip to the city of London to chat with the CEO of DeepMatter Group, a company founded by the very innovative chemist Lee Cronin whose work I have covered in Chemistry World before. The company aims to bring automation and complete computerised control to general chemical reactions - currently only highly repetitive tasks like peptide synthesis and DNA sequencing are run by robots.

My resulting feature is out now in Chemistry & Industry:

I2 Robot

Chemistry & Industry 83, No. 4, pp 18-21.

access via:

Wiley Online Library (paywalled)

SCI (members only) (should turn up here soon, specific link to follow)

Any access problems give me a shout and I can send a PDF.



After the interview I went to the Tate Modern (Pierre Bonnard exhibition) and also made my way up to their new(ish) viewing platform. (I'm sure architecture watchers can determine the day of my visit from the status of the skyline.)

No comments: