Monday, April 24, 2023

darker times ahead

Every once in a while I write a feature on the ongoing decline and fall of western democracy as it manifests itself in trumpism and various other shades of modern fascism. While this is very depressing to contemplate, it is also very necessary to make clear where we stand and where we may be heading, and it saves me time in turning many hours of doomscrolling into valuable research. The latest instalment was even based on a suggestion from the editorial team, so it's not just me worrying about these things.

The resulting feature is out now:

Beware a new endarkenment

Current Biology Volume 33, Issue 8, 24. April 2023, Pages R283-R286

FREE access to full text and PDF download

See also my Mastodon thread where I highlighted all CB features of 2023.

I'm not on Instagram myself, but I believe if you follow CurrentBiology there, you'll find my features highlighted there as well.

Michelangelo’s David, on show at Florence, Italy, has become an issue in the culture wars in Florida’s schools. (Photo: Korido/Wikicommons (CC BY-SA 4.0).)

No comments: