Wednesday, April 19, 2023

protein origami and other metaphors

The April issue of C & I contains my feature on alpha fold, the AI that can predict all protein structures, and the irony of this happening at the time in history when we realise that structure isn't everything.

Protein origami

Chemistry & Industry Volume 87, Issue 4, April 2023, Pages 22-25

access via:

Wiley Online Library (paywalled PDF)

SCI (premium content, ie members only)

If you would like to reflect on the merits of the title "protein origami", my short essay review of the book Metaphors in the life sciences might help you with that:

Metaphorically speaking

Chemistry & Industry Volume 87, Issue 4, April 2023, Page 35

access via:

Wiley Online Library (paywalled PDF of the whole review section)

SCI (premium content, ie members only)

Although I've seen this kind of title above way too many articles on protein folding, I'm loving the mildly origami-inspired title font of the feature.

No comments: