Monday, July 08, 2019

living the lazy life

I may be a little bit lazy, but learning about sloths last month I found out that there are lots of higher levels of laziness that humans can only dream of, such as lowering your body temperature, or slowing down your metabolism and going to the loo only once a week. We're clearly not worthy to share a planet with a species (or five) so ardently committed to energy saving.

Seriously though, and laziness aside, there are lots of very interesting evolutionary and ecological connections around the sloth which made this a really exciting feature to write (once I'd overcome my own sloth). The resulting feature is out now:


How sloths got their sloth


Current Biology Volume 29, issue 13, pages R603-R606, July 8, 2019

FREE access to full text and PDF download




a sloth I bumped into at a railway station in the week when I was preparing the feature.

No comments: